Fungal infections, which were once thought to be minor irritations, have become more common in recent years and can be quite dangerous for people of all ages. These infections are usually not fatal, but if left untreated, they can cause pain, suffering, and in rare cases, serious health problems. Maintaining good health requires identifying the reasons behind this rise and putting preventative measures in place to stave off fungal diseases. We spoke to our expert Dr Mukesh Batra, Founder and Chairman, Dr Batra’s Healthcare, who shared insights on the same.
Surge Of Fungal Infections
“About 2.5 lakh people died as a result of mould diseases that affected their brains and respiratory systems. It is estimated that over a million people have a fungal eye illness that could be blinding, and over two lakh people have mucormycosis”, highlighted Dr Batra.
“According to the National Centre for Biotechnology Information, 103 clinical dermatophyte infection cases were included in this investigation. Thirty-seven male patients (36%) and sixty-six female patients (64%). 61% of the population was under 40”, added Dr Batra.
Factors For Rising Fungal Infections
Over fifty million Indians suffer from serious fungal diseases, with potentially dangerous mould infections responsible for ten percent of cases, according to the journal Open Forum Infectious Diseases.
An increasing number of people are experiencing weakened immune systems as a result of various factors, including underlying medical problems, poor food, and stress. A compromised immune system is less able to keep the body safe against fungi that enter it.
Also Read: Mild To Serious: Stages Of Fungal Infection
Treatment with Homeopathy
“Homoeopathic treatments for fungal infections are successful because they restore the body’s natural healing processes, which support the fight against fungal infections. Homoeopathy treats rashes and their accompanying discomfort, burning, itching, and discharges”, emphasised Dr Batra.
- Sepia: This homoeopathic medication is used to treat fungal diseases, namely skin ringworm (tinea corporis)
- Tellurium: When numerous ring-shaped lesions are joined and form intersecting rings that press against one another, this therapy is the best option.
- Graphites: This medication is effective for fungal infections in skin folds,
- Silicea: This is the most effective remedy for fungal infections in the foot.
Lifestyle Changes to Follow To Manage Fungal Infections
Dr Batra listed lifestyle changes that you should follow to manage fungal infections as follows:
- Wash your hands frequently and keep your body clean.
- To prevent fungal skin infections in hot, humid conditions, consider breathable fabrics like cotton.
- Make sure your home is well ventilated and use a dehumidifier if necessary to reduce humidity levels. This may aid in halting the development of mildew and mould.
- Keep your feet dry and clean, especially in areas where athlete’s feet are common. Put on airy shoes and change your socks frequently.
Dr Batra concluded, “In an increasingly interconnected world, there is a growing threat of fungal diseases. By following these preventative measures, individuals can safeguard themselves and their communities. To achieve this, get the care you need from a licensed homoeopathy and listen to their advice.”[Disclaimer: This article contains information provided by a registered healthcare professional and is for informational purposes only. Hence, we advise you to not substitute this information with medical treatment and consult your expert for a treatment tailored to your needs.]