Do you want radiant and glowing skin? Try incorporating this easy semolina and coffee face pack in your skincare routine for glowing skin.
I’ve been watching a lot of K-dramas lately and I’ve noticed how the actors and actresses always seem to have flawless, glowing skin. It’s not easy to achieve that kind of skin, but my mom has a great home remedy that has helped me out a lot – a semolina and coffee face pack. My mom believes that making a face pack with semolina and coffee can help exfoliate, brighten, and improve blood circulation, resulting in radiant and beautiful skin. I started incorporating this into my daily skincare routine and it has worked for me! However, we wanted to make sure that this is a safe and effective remedy for everyone, so asked a doctor to learn more about the benefits of a semolina and coffee face pack for skin.
Benefits of semolina and coffee face pack for skin
A semolina and coffee face pack offers a variety of skin benefits. Here are some of the benefits as explained by Dermatologist Dr DM Mahajan.
- This semolina and coffee face pack provides deep cleansing, brightening, and anti-ageing properties.
- The caffeine in coffee enters the skin and stimulates enhanced blood flow, giving the face a rejuvenated, bright appearance.
- Coffee also contains potent antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radical damage caused by pollution and the Sun’s UV radiation. This further delays the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Simultaneously, the exfoliating properties of semolina help to remove the dead skin cell buildup, revealing fresh new skin beneath. As it softly washes the surface, it removes dullness and improves skin texture.
- The starchy component of semolina moisturises the skin, keeping it moisturised and reducing dryness.
- It creates a protective layer on the skin, locking in moisture.
- Semolina is also strong in zinc, which helps regulate sebum activity. This reduces open pores and prevents outbreaks.
- Using this nutritious combination of nutrients promotes faster cell turnover, making the skin appear plumper and younger.
- With consistent but careful application, you can achieve a natural glow.
How to make a semolina and coffee face pack for glowing skin?
- 2 tablespoons semolina
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee beans
- 1 tablespoon milk or yoghurt
- A few drops of honey (optional)
1. Take semolina and coffee powder in a small mixing bowl and combine well with a spoon.
2. Now, add milk or yoghurt to the mix, stirring continuously to achieve a smooth, lump-free paste.
3. You can also mix in a bit of honey at this point if you want some extra nourishment for your skin.
1. Once everything is blended into a thick texture, apply it all over your clean face and neck while avoiding the eye area and any wounds.
2. Keep the face pack for 15-20 minutes and let it dry.
3. Dampen your fingers a little and gently massage the face pack off in soft, circular motions. Be sure not to rub too hard or aggressively.
4. Rinse away all traces of the face pack with normal water and pat your face dry with a soft towel.
5. Follow up with a light, non-oily moisturiser that suits your skin type.
6. For optimum results, apply this homemade semolina and coffee face pack twice a week.
Who should avoid this semolina and coffee face pack?
When it comes to homemade beauty face packs, it’s crucial to be aware of ingredients you may be sensitive to or that could exacerbate existing skin conditions.
- Those with highly sensitive skin, prone to allergic reactions, should steer clear of trying a semolina and coffee face pack.
- The highly stimulating and exfoliating nature of this combination may trigger rashes, redness, itching, or inflammation in intolerant skin types.
- People who struggle with conditions like eczema, rosacea, or psoriasis flaring up on their facial skin are also best advised to avoid this face pack as it could further aggravate these chronic issues.
- Those dealing with skin abrasions, acne sores, sunburns, or post-procedure skin should not apply such an abrasive face pack to prevent stinging and complications.
- People with extremely dry skin could find the scrubbing action too harsh, and it may worsen dry and flaky patches.
- Conducting a patch test before use is highly recommended.
- People with highly sensitive, damaged, or very dry facial skin as well as known allergy risks should refrain from using a coffee and semolina face pack.
Are there any side effects of using semolina and coffee face packs for the skin?
While semolina and coffee make for an effective exfoliating face pack, the ingredients could trigger some undesirable effects in people with sensitivity.
Healthshots Inner Circle An exclusive wellness community for women
- Many experience transient redness or a slight warming or tingling sensation right after using this stimulating face pack.
- The vigorous scrubbing action may cause the facial skin to feel stretched.
- Prolonged contact due to leaving the dried mask on for too long can sometimes lead to excessive peeling, extremely dry patches, irritation, and even impaired skin barrier function in the long run.
- Those struggling with pre-existing acne or clogged pores might endure worsening breakouts and blackheads as residues get trapped within pores.
- Allergic reactions, though uncommon, can also happen – rashes, sudden swelling of facial features, and itchy skin are all possibilities. Hence doing the mandatory patch test before the first full application is vital.
- If any severe discomfort, burning, swelling or rashes emerge, promptly wash off and medical treatment should be sought.
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.